Tuesday, April 4, 2017
MEAN Architecture 2.0
While expressive, MEAN may not be expressive enough to fully describe the architectural patterns in play in your application:
- Is your app fully server-side, fully client-side (the fashionable Serverless pattern), or does it split the responsibilities between the client and the server?
- Is your app a Single Page App (SPA), or a more traditional multi-page app?
- Does it offer equivalent functionality when both online and offline?
And how about your data lifecycle?
- Is your dataset so large and frequently updated that it must live solely in the Cloud?
- Can it be cached on the client side for occasional offline use, or even better -- fully synchronized between the client and the Cloud so that your user has a comparable experience both in and out of Airplane Mode?
In this workshop, Scott Davis (author/presenter of O'Reilly videos Architecture of the MEAN Stack, Responsive Mobile Architecture: Refactoring into Mobile HTML5, and On the Road to Angular 2) presents several common web architectures for MEAN apps and the corresponding production-ready libraries and frameworks that will help you implement them. You will leave this workshop with a better understanding of what is possible within the broad definition of the MEAN stack, and how you can most quickly reach your goals with popular standards-based, open source solutions.